Leave a Comment
This September, Minneapolis will be hosting Railway Interchange 2019, North America’s largest railway exhibition and technical conference. It brings together hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of international industry professionals every two years. Railway Interchange’s mission is to bring professionals together for authentic discussions and exhibits about the future direction of the industry. The conference is designed to help people inform, inspire, and promote the marketplace by bringing together companies and organizations from across the industry. Over 700 exhibitors will be at Railway Interchange 2019 from September 22–25. Professionals from all organizations in the rail industry can attend the event.
What to Expect
Railway Interchange 2019 will bring together nearly 9,000 railway experts, representatives from technical associations, and industry thought leaders. Attendees will find:
- Over 700 exhibitors
- Presentations and displays from the Railway Engineering-Maintenance Suppliers Association, the Railway Supply Institute, and the Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Each organization will be sponsoring exhibits in distinct categories such as track components, railway cars and mechanics, and information technologies, respectively. These presentations will focus on current industry trends and predictions regarding technology, services, and more.
- Discussions and talks presented by The American Railways Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association and the Railway Supply Institute. This will include content from the RSI Education & Technical Training Conference.
These presentations, discussions, and exhibit displays will be available through daily open halls and seminars. Along with participating in discussions and listening to talks, attendees can network with industry leaders, representatives from adjacent industry organizations, and thousands of other railway professionals. You can also sign up for:
- Planned educational activities
- AREMA and RSI’s technical training sessions
Where to Find Us
Railway Interchange 2019 attendees can find Metalex® at the conference at booth #2613. Since merging with Morton Rails Products five years ago, Metalex® has attended the event to explore current trends in the railway industry, collaborate with industry partners, and network with other people in our industry.
Morton Rail Products now operates under the Metalex® company name, and we have continued to provide a full line of their products and offerings, including:
- Open-Grip® Running Boards
- DeckSpan® Walkways and Channels
- Brake Steps
- End Platforms
- Ladder Rungs
- Mounting Accessories
These are designed to provide long-lasting, reliable use. Morton Rail Product’s safety grating offers the following advantages:
- Slip resistance. Like all our products, our safety grating exceeds federal specifications regarding slip resistance. This superior slip resistance extends to all directions for safer usage. The surface is also resilient in the face of impact damage and wear. The grating forms a large open area to reduce crowding and accidents.
- Ease of Installation. This product is designed to be simple to install for both small and large companies. The parts are easy to handle, lightweight, and self-framing. The design also allows for one-piece construction so it isn’t difficult to install the grating.
- Low Maintenance Needs. The safety grating is self-cleaning and requires little maintenance to remain safe or in good repair.
- Compliance with ISO 9001 standards. We use 13 gauge G-90 pre-galvanized prime steel to fabricate our brake steps, end platforms, intermodal platforms, and Open-Grip® Running Boards. Also, the full line of Morton Rail Products is approved by the Association of American Railroads.
Contact Metalex® to Learn More
Our line of Morton Rail Products is safe and reliable for every railway facility. Learn more about our products and talk to our team of experts to decide which offerings are the best for your company’s needs. Fill out our form today to download our Morton Industrial Brochure with more details about our complete line of industrial grating, flooring, and custom products.